Frequently Asked Questions
I am having some pain, but it does not go away even after number of hospital visits. Should I see the acupuncturist?
Acupuncture sees your problem in different aspect, compared to the common medical treatment. Therefore, there are a lot symptoms that can be cured more easily if you take acupuncture. Please consult the acupuncturist about your condition.
How safe is acupuncture?
Although there is no 100% risk-free treatment, acupuncture is very low on risk. It's all-natural, drug-free therapy, yielding no side effects. Also, sterile needles are discarded once used, so there is almost no danger of infection from acupuncture needles.
Why do acupuncturist want to feel my pulse?
There are 12 pulse positions on each wrist that the acupuncturist will palpate. Each position corresponds to a specific meridian and organ. If there is any problem, that may appear in the pulse.
Why do acupuncturist want to look at my tongue?
The tongue reflects the general health of the organs and meridians. The acupuncturist will check the color, shape, cracks and coating on your tongue to decide your current health.
How many treatment will I need?
The number of treatments will vary from person to person. Some symptoms can be relieved immediately, while some symptoms can take more and a month, or even an year to get any result. But most people get better within 10 treatments.
How long each treatment takes?
If you are visiting for the first time, you will have to fill-out the form and discuss with the acupuncturist about your condition. This will take about 30 minutes. And the actual treatment takes about 40 - 50 minutes. So, take about an hour and half for the first visit, and about an hour for the following visits.
Do the needles hurt?
The sensation caused by acupuncture needles varies from person to person. Some people feel a little pain, but most people do not feel any pain.
What is herbal medicine?
Depends on your condition, the acupuncturist may decided to use herbal medicine to further elevate your strength. Those medicines are 100% from the herbs and does not contain any chemical. But still, being a medicine, it's required to follow the direction when you take this herbal medicine.
How should I prepare?
* Come with any questions you have.
* Wear loose, comfortable clothings for each access of acupuncture points.
* Don't take too large meal just before and after your visit.
* Refrain from overexertion and alcohol for about 6 hours after the treatment.
* Between treatments, take notes of any changes, such as moved pain spot, changes in pain frequency and any other problems.
Is there anything I should be careful?
There are few things you should be careful.
* Have enough meal at least 30 minutes before coming for the treatment.
* Do not eat or drink anything for an hour after the treatment.
* Do not take bath or shower for 12 hours after the treatment.
* Acupuncture works better during the morning time. So it would be a good idea to make an appointment